Identity of Jesus Christ
Isaiah 7:14 – The Messiah Christ will be born of a virgin
Micah 5:2 – the Messiah Christ will be born in Bethlehem
Isaiah 9:6 – the Messiah Christ is called the Mighty God Everlasting Father
Isaiah 53 – The Messiah Christ will be put to death for our sins and His days will be prolonged (resurrected).
1 Timothy 4:10 – The only living God which is the Saviour of all men
1 John 5:20 – Jesus Christ is the true God and eternal life
1 Tim 3:16 – God was manifest in the flesh
Colossians 2:9 – in Jesus dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily
Acts 20:28 – God purchased the church with His own blood
John 1:1&14 – the Word which is God became flesh and dwelt among us
Jesus is the Christ the Mighty God in the flesh.
Jesus, in the Gospels, said in His name to cast out devils. In the temptation in the wilderness Jesus rebuked Satan, and again when Satan tried to rebuke Christ through Peter Jesus said “Get thee behind me Satan” and then in the temptation in the wilderness He said in Matthew 4 “is it not written, tempt not the Lord your God”, thus claiming to be Lord God.
Furthermore, we also see Jesus forgiving sins of people (the cripple man and the woman caught in adultery, and Mary who washed His feet), Jesus accepting worship of individuals He healed (the wise men at His birth, the blind man, lepers, the disciples, and Thomas), and in John 10:18 Jesus says He has power to lay down His life and raise Himself from the dead (personal power over life and death)
and in John 10:27-28 Jesus says that He personally gives eternal life, and in John 4:26 Jesus claims to be the Messiah as prophesied of (Isaiah 9:6 called the Mighty God, Everlasting Father)
In John 8 stating that He is the “I Am” multiple times (I Am in Greek is “ego eimi” meaning the Always Existing One) and the Pharisees tried to stone Him for blasphemy. An angel, prophet, or holy man couldn’t do that.
How to be Born Again Saved
The Gospel is the salvation of God who is the Lord Jesus Christ. This is the teachings of Christ and how He, as the Lamb of God, was sacrificed for the sin of all mankind. And how accepting Him as your Saviour will save you from your sin.
The three “R’s” of salvation. “Recognize” we are sinners, “Repent” of your sins, and “Receive” Christ as your Saviour.
We are saved by Faith, not by works, and by faith we find salvation in Jesus Christ alone.
- 1 Peter 1:18-21) “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.”
- Philippians 2:8) “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
We are all Sinners
He died on the cross for your sins because sin demands the penalty of death:
- Romans 3:10-12) “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
- Romans 3:23) “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
The Penalty of Sin
- Romans 6:23) “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
But this death penalty was paid for by Jesus in His work on the Cross, and all that is left is your turning to Him and accepting Him as Saviour.
Repent of your sins
- Acts 3:19) “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;”
- Mark 1:15) “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
- Act 3:19-20) “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:”
Jesus Himself said –
- Luke 13:3) “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
Scripture also says –
- 1 John 1:5-10) “This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. **If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness**. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
Not by Our Own Works
Nothing of ourselves is needed, necessary, or capable of attaining salvation. Our works, our deeds, our abilities are not worthy enough or good enough.
- Ephesians 2:8-9) “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Isaiah 64:6) “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.”
Our righteousness and works are as filthy rags in comparison to Christ’s. We must repent and turn from everything of ourselves and completely accept the Lord Jesus, and He WILL forgive us and cleanse us and save us. This is a promise of Christ; all sin will be forgiven and eternal life and salvation will be given.
Believe in and Receive Christ
- John 3:15-18) “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
Scripture promises salvation to all those that believe in Jesus Christ, and salvation cannot be lost or taken away.
- 1 John 5:10-13) “He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
- John 10:28) “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
All that is left is for you to choose. All you must do is tell the Lord Jesus Christ that you accept Him as your God and Saviour, ask Him to forgive you of your sins and save you, and you will be Born Again Saved. That’s it!
- John 3:3) “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
~ God bless all those that hear and heed His Holy Word, Amen.