Charles Russell (founder of the Jehovah’s Witness religion) – Was the founder and creator of the Watchtower Society in 1879, and died 1916. Convicted of fraud and libel in Court of Law. Concocted huge lying schemes of world travel to boost his reputation, and was caught in the lie. Russell was convicted of lying in Court of Law, taken to Court by Baptist Pastor J.J. Ross in 1913 proving Russell was not a Theologian or Scholar, had no education on dead languages or Biblical accreditation, he neither knew Greek or Latin or Hebrew even after saying in Court he did, had never taken a course in philosophy or theology, he was never ordained by any clergy. He said his wife never did divorce him and the court never ruled him to give alimony – proven false, the opposite proven true in Court. Thusly Charles Russell was proved to be a premeditated purjerer and liar in Court, with no scruples of lying under oath and whose doctrines were based on no sound education knowledge. Afterwards he played the victim card whenever cornered and would hide behind the veil of a martyr. He was titled a Menace by the majority of Churches in Canada, and was consequently deported from Canada due to his hindrance of the Mobilization for WW1 – he was opposed to Governments, their laws, and the War.
- A few of The Watchtower Cult beliefs and teachings –
1) Jesus Christ returned to Earth in 1914, but not in physical form as He is invisible. – So how did they know? Scripture says no man knows the day nor the hour. They have “predicted” the arrival of Christ a number of times, proving themselves to be false prophets.
2) They believe “The Word” in John 1:1&14 is “a god” the “beginning of the creation of Jehovah” – misunderstanding the Hebrew and Greek of the word Elohim, and denying Isaiah 45:5-6
3) They teach that Satan brought sin into the world – Romans 5:12 sin came by Adam
4) They believe Hell is just the grave and the Hell mentioned in the Bible is metaphorical and doesn’t exist, also known as the annihilation doctrine, that you just cease to exist. – Denying the doctrine of Christ in the Gospels regarding Hell and the mentions in Revelations where Hell is brought up and they are judged out the books and cast into the lake of fire.
5) All souls are mortal and can be destroyed, and animals have souls, but mankind are special. – Denying the Eternal damnation and Eternal life as mentioned in Scripture. Eternal means having a beginning and exists forever.
6) Christ is a created being – Christ is the Spirit of the anointed one, the prophesied one, the Christ is the Spirit of the Mighty God Everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6, the one whose ways have been of old even of Everlasting in Micah 5:2.
7) They teach that Salvation is by works – Denying the teaching of the Apostle Paul by inspiration of God that it’s by Grace through Faith through Belief alone.
8) They Deny worship of Christ and teach against worshiping Jesus – even though they did in the Gospels multiple times, many fell down before Him and worshiped Him.
9) Jesus is Michael the Archangel, a spirit son of Jehovah, one of the gods – Isn’t that similar to Mormonism? In actuality, Jesus is the bodily physical manifestation of Almighty God in the flesh, more about that below.
10) Holy Spirit is just an energy force, and those who believe He is a person are satanists – Scripture calls that “Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost”. The Word of God is very clear that the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit is the Spiritual Person of God Himself – 1 John 5:7
11) They predicted the second coming down to date and time multiple times – false prophets (JW scream at the sky events to try to speed up the arrival of Christ – no joke) – No man knows the day nor the hour, and again this just proves their complete cultic lack of Scriptural knowledge.
- So Who Is Jesus?
This is the question of so many. From Atheists to Catholics to Muslims and Hindus, and even many professing Born Again Christians have trouble putting a finger on the exact explanation. “He’s the Son of God” that is true – “He is the Christ Messiah” that is true as well – “He is the Saviour” that is what He is yes……but what else? There is one specific thing about Jesus that sets Him apart from all other religions, and not understanding this 1 thing about Him can even cost you your eternal soul.
I always wondered what JW’s thought about this question regarding their doctrine of Jesus being Michael the Archangel –
In the book of Jude it says that Michael the Archangel “dared not bring an accusation against the Devil, but said the Lord rebuke you“. So we see in this that he did not rely on his own power or own name or own position, but stepped back and relied upon the Lord to rebuke the Devil.
- Hebrews 2:16) “For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.”
Jesus in the Gospels said in His name to cast out Devils. In the temptation in the wilderness Jesus rebuked Satan, and again when Satan tried to rebuke Christ through Peter Jesus said “Get thee behind me Satan” and then in the temptation He said in Matthew 4 “is it not written, tempt not the Lord your God”.
Furthermore, we also see Jesus forgiving sins of people (the cripple man and the woman caught in adultery), Jesus accepting worship of individuals He healed (the 3 Wise men, the blind man, the Mother of the sons of Zebedee, Roman Centurion, the Rich Ruler, lepers, and Thomas), and in John 10:18 Jesus says He has power to lay down His life and raise Himself from the dead (personal power over life and death), and in John 10:27-28 Jesus says that He personally gives eternal life, and in John 4:26 Jesus claims to be the Christ Messiah as prophesied of (Isaiah 9:6 called the Mighty God, Everlasting Father), and also in John 8 stating that He is the “I Am” multiple times (I Am in Greek is “ego eimi” meaning the Always Existing One) and the Pharisees tried to stone Him for blasphemy. An angel, prophet, or holy man couldn’t do that.
Using only the Bible you can prove beyond any doubt that Jesus Christ Himself is the Mighty God just as the Prophet Isaiah says –
Isaiah 9:6) “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
Christ Jesus is the Creator God –
- Ephesians 3:9) “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:“
- John 1:1-3) “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.“
- Hebrews 1:2) “Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;“
- Hebrews 11:3) “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.“
- Colossians 1:16) “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:“
Christ Jesus is above all others –
- Philippians 2:10-11) “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.“
- Romans 14:11) “For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.“
- Isaiah 45:22-23) “Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.“
The Word made Flesh-
- John 1:1-2) “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.“
- John 1:14) “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.“
- 1 John 5:7) “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.“
Additional passages –
2 Corinthians 5:19) “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
- John 8:58) “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” – – (“I am” in the Greek is “ego eimi” meaning Always Existing, the everlasting to everlasting one)
- John 10:25-30) “Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one. — (1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.)“
If Christ is not God, how can He grant eternal life to His followers?
- Acts 20:28) “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” – – (literally just said right there that God purchased the church with His own blood)
- Colossians 2:8-9) “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” – – (the entire fullness, Jehovah God is in the body of Jesus. Thus why Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father, the Father in me and I in Him, and also to His disciples receive ye my Spirit and He breathed on them the Holy Spirit.)
Further Proof –
- John 20:28-29) “And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.“
- 1 Timothy 4:10) “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.“
- 1 John 5:20) “And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.“