Jesus Christ Himself is God in the flesh. He’s not an angel, or just some prophet, or just some holy man, or one of many ways..
- Exodus 34:14) “For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:“
Prophet Isaiah 7:14 – Virgin birth of the Messiah Christ
Prophet Jeremiah 31:22 – the virgin would compass a man – have no physical relations with a man – the Divine conception
Prophet Micah 5:2 – Messiah Christ born in Bethlehem
Prophet Isaiah 9:6 – child born, son given, Messiah Christ called the Mighty God Everlasting Father
Prophet Isaiah chapter 53 – Messiah Christ will be put to death for our sins and his days will be prolonged (resurrected)
- Gospel of John 4:25-26 – Jesus flat out claims to be the Messiah Christ who is called the Mighty God Everlasting Father, the one whose ways have been of old even of Everlasting
Jesus in the Gospels said in His name to cast out Devils. In the temptation in the wilderness Jesus rebuked Satan, and again when Satan tried to rebuke Christ through Peter Jesus said “Get thee behind me Satan” and then in the temptation He said in Matthew 4 “is it not written, tempt not the Lord your God”.
Furthermore, we also see Jesus forgiving sins of people (the cripple man, the woman caught in adultery, and Mary who washed His feet), Jesus accepting worship of individuals He healed (the 3 Wise men, the blind man, the Mother of the sons of Zebedee, Roman Centurion, the Rich Ruler, lepers, and the disciples and Thomas after the resurrection), and in John 10:18 Jesus says He has power to lay down His life and raise Himself from the dead (personal power over life and death), and in John 10:27-28 Jesus says that He personally gives eternal life, and in John 4:26 Jesus claims to be the Christ Messiah as prophesied of (Isaiah 9:6 called the Mighty God, Everlasting Father), and also in John 8 stating that He is the “I Am” multiple times (I Am in Greek is “ego eimi” meaning the Always Existing One) and the Pharisees tried to stone Him for blasphemy. An angel, prophet, or holy man couldn’t do that.
Using only the Bible you can prove beyond any doubt that Jesus Christ Himself is the Mighty God just as the Prophet Isaiah says – Isaiah 9:6) “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
Christ Jesus is the Creator God –
- Ephesians 3:9) “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:“
- John 1:1-3) “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.“
- Hebrews 1:2) “Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;“
- Hebrews 11:3) “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.“
- Colossians 1:16) “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:“
Christ Jesus is above all others –
- Philippians 2:10-11) “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.“
- Romans 14:11) “For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.“
- Isaiah 45:22-23) “Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.“
The Word made Flesh-
- John 1:1-2) “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.“
- John 1:14) “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.“
- 1 John 5:7) “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.“
Additional passages –
2 Corinthians 5:19) “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
- John 8:58) “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” – – (“I am” in the Greek is “ego eimi” meaning Always Existing, the everlasting to everlasting one)
- John 10:25-30) “Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one. — (1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.)“
If Christ is not God, how can He grant eternal life to His followers?
- Acts 20:28) “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” – – (literally just said right there that God purchased the church with His own blood)
- Colossians 2:8-9) “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” – – (the entire fullness, Jehovah God is in the body of Jesus. Thus why Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father, the Father in me and I in Him, and also to His disciples receive ye my Spirit and He breathed on them the Holy Spirit.)
- Philippians 2:5-8) “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.“
Further Proof –
- John 20:28-29) “And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.“
- 1 Timothy 3:16) “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.“
- 1 Timothy 4:10) “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.“
- Titus 2:13) “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;“
- 2 Peter 1:1) “Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:“
- 1 John 5:20) “And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.“